What to Look for in a Poll Website and Service
April 19, 2021
We all love polls, right? Polls are simple, cost-effective solutions that allow us to learn more about our customers’ and clients’ attitudes towards a product, service, or customer experience. They also contribute to customer satisfaction by providing space for customers to offer feedback and feel heard about their experiences.
When done poorly, however, the results can be misleading, leaving us worse off than before we offered the poll. It also takes a lot of time and energy to design polls, come up with questions, and analyze responses in an accurate manner.
All to say, a lot can go wrong when it comes to designing your own poll from scratch, and the last thing you want or need is to put all that time and effort generating a poll that won’t be of any use to you.
The solution? Investing in a polling website or service. Polling services are convenient ways to create vibrant, accurate polls that are easy to use and customizable with minimal web design skills.
Below is everything you need to know about what to look for in a pool website or service.
Free trials for polling services
If you’re unsure or hesitant about investing in a fully-optimized poll service, you can start with a free trial or utilize a basic membership without extra features or advanced add-ons.
Poll Maker, for example, is a free, easy-to-use polling website that provides you with the capability to design your own poll or quiz in a matter of minutes. And while websites like SurveyMonkey come with paid subscriptions that include several additional features like certified sample questions and intelligent feedback, they offer a 10-question survey for free.
Taking advantage of free trials and limited polling services is a great way to test a service and assess if it’s the right solution for you.
If you’re looking to create your own unique, custom-made polls, there are several websites and apps that help you design and format your polls with several features, including feedback and easy-to-read analytical capabilities.
Custom polls allow you to:
- Design color, scheming, and formatting of your poll
- Customize polls to include unique branding elements into the design
- Choose between several response formats, including free form, weighted responses, or scaled responses
- Implement communication lines, including email, website, social media, and more
- Choose between certified responses or suggested responses based on the type of poll you’re creating
- Assess and analyze your responses with intelligible, easy-to-read reports and models
- Post your poll through email or anywhere online
- Make use of downloadable data that make things like demographics and customer experience more clear
With a myriad of templates, question suggestions, and automated distribution capabilities, you can start making unique, brand-driven polls in a matter of minutes today.
Favorite poll websites
If you think you’d like to give a poll service or website a chance but don’t know where to look, the below list includes some of our favorite poll services that can help get you closer to your customers and clients today.
Some of these include:
- Straw Poll – Not only can you create polls in the Straw Poll app in a matter of minutes, it’s also free! While there aren’t a ton of customization features, you can embed polls easily into social media through Straw Poll.
- Poll Everywhere – The subscription version of Poll Everywhere starts at $42 a month, and it’s considered one of the best polls for presentations. The interactive feature this brings to speeches and presentations allows you to engage with your audience and get results in real-time.
- SurveyMonkey – SurveyMonkey is an advanced, dynamic poll software that will allow you to generate feedback on political research, market research, education feedback, customer experience, and more. SurveyMonkey also has a wide scope of use, allowing individuals or organizations to benefit from the various types of polls that it offers.
- Zoho Survey – Zoho Survey is a professional-grade app that offers both subscription and free services. Zoho’s skip logic and piping features allow you to create detailed questions, and you can connect your poll to other apps and social media outlets with ease. You can also create a sleek look to your polls by selecting appropriate themes and inserting brand colors and logos to your polls.
Whether you’re looking for a field-specific, high-grade solution or an easy-to-use free version of a polling app, there are options available for every need.
How ACME ticketing can help
At ACME Ticketing, we’re always looking for smarter ways to manage events and understand the needs of your guests. Our cutting edge CRM will allow you to keep track of your guests’ interests, contact information, and visiting trends, allowing you to connect with your customers and manage exhibit and marketing strategies for the future.
Easily integrate surveys, polls, and questionnaires into your website and kiosks with ACME’s advanced ticketing software and never be behind on the needs of your guests again.Try the ACME demo today.